Have You Been DENIED Long-Term DISABILITY Benefits by a Giant Insurance Company?
Were Your Approved Long-Term Disability Benefits TAKEN AWAY?
Your Employer’s Long-Term Disability Insurance Policy May be a Sham!
In one study of 576 lawsuits filed in federal court against the seven largest disability insurers – MetLife, Unum, Prudential Financial Inc.,CIGNA Corporation, Standard Insurance Co. and Aetna Inc. – it was found that insurance companies:
- Regularly deny or terminate benefits to individuals even after they determined to be disabled by the federal government and approved for Social Security Disability payments.
- Hire contract doctors who routinely reject the opinion of treating physicians without ever having seen the patients.
- Provide incentives to employees to deny and terminate claims.
- Force plaintiffs to wait years from the time they are disabled to the time their cases are resolved.
- Face no punitive damage risk for repeatedly denying or terminating legitimate claims because federal law does not allow for any damages.
This has prompted some Federal Judges to say:
When you buy an insurance policy like this, you are purchasing an invitation to a legal ritual where you will be perfunctorily examined by expert physicians whose objective it is to find you are not disabled….where you will eventually be determined not disabled by the insurance company principally because of the opinions of these unfriendly experts…and then you will be denied benefits!
E.R.I.S.A. stands for “Everything Ridiculous Imagined Since Adam!
The reason is that the Employee Retirement and Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) was basically rigged by Congress to be strongly biased in favor of the insurance companies.
What is ERISA? ERISA is the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, enacted by Congress in 1974. ERISA controls all types of employer provided benefits such as health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, pensions, etc. It was intended to bring all employee benefits into one federal system. Instead, it has become a major advantage for employers and insurance companies.
Your Best Chance of Winning is to Appeal their Denial / Termination!
If your claim is denied – and more than half are – an appeal is the best chance for you, the claimant, to have the matter overturned or at the very least set the case up for a successful lawsuit.
However, keep in mind, the evidence submitted during the appeal is basically the only evidence that will ever be considered by the insurer or by a court. Given this, it is essential to build the case properly during the internal appeal process.
Do You Need a Long-Term Disability Attorney to Help You?
Due to the complexity of ERISA cases and the strict deadlines to appeal, if you have been denied disability or had your benefits terminated, it’s imperative that you promptly contact an attorney to obtain the disability benefits you are entitled to and should be receiving.
You stand to win tens, even hundreds of thousands of dollars in benefits.
But, if your case isn’t handled properly or you miss a critical deadline, you could also lose all that money – FOREVER! Don’t let that happen!
How Can a Qualified Long-Term Disability Attorney Help You?
Here is what our attorneys can do to help:
- Carefully examine the insurance policy and other plan documents for specific issues and pitfalls.
- Complete any and all forms properly.
- Discuss and negotiate claims with the giant insurance company.
- Help you obtain the most appropriate types of medical proof;
- Write and file appeal memos and briefs administratively and in Court.
- Create a proper record for appeal to federal courts, if necessary.
- Conduct meetings with you and with insurance company personnel.
- Help translate medical diagnoses into real-world limitations for sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, etc.
- Be available to you throughout the process to answer any questions you have and explain what’s happening.
You Can Afford to Hire an Attorney!
We understand that if you are out of work, your ability to pay for an attorney has been severely impacted. And you may assume that you can’t afford to hire a disability attorney.
But, at Kahn & Associates, you CAN afford quality representation. That’s because we take most cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning we will not require any payment unless and until we are successful in securing benefits for you.
That way, we only succeed when you succeed!
Don’t Delay – Take Action Now For Free!
Get a Free, No Obligation, Confidential Consultation!
To learn more about your rights under ERISA and your disability policy, call our FREE Disability Hotline at 1-866-469-7734 to speak with one of our friendly disability rights advocates or
Fill out our FREE Disability Case Assessment form and one of our representatives will contact you immediately.
No Recovery, No Fee* – We Only Succeed When Your Succeed!
Remember the advice is Free and if you hire us, your attorney will not get paid until you get paid*! At Kahn & Associates there is no cost or obligation for you to be informed of your rights!